Friday, August 24, 2018

Why I Love video Games

When the game is really good you cant put it down

Why I love video games you might ask or myself when I was thinking about a video topic before I start Ramadan in like a week or a couple of days (this was last year when I wrote this). Anyways I chose a topic that involves one of my favorite past time of all time video games. Why video games you ask again because not just video games are a hobby of mine but also an inspiration,gave me awesome childhood memories, development stories about games we loved while growing up, stories about canceled games and scraped concepts. I can go on and on and on and on and so forth but I will keep this video at a certain length to save time as well to not get viewers bored while watching this video. Okay with the intro out of the way let me start the topic on this video. How I got into playing video games where too games Super Mario 64 for the N64 and Bonks for the turbographix 16 or super bonk for the snes or one  of the bonks games. I was born in 1992 so I wasn’t raised playing with the nes or the atari systems just if your wondering. When I saw my mother or father playing the n64 one day I was glued to the screen due to the awesome graphics at the time as well as the awesome skills my parents have at the time. They don’t play video games that much anymore due to adult things like work and raising kids. I will do the same one day as well so anyways when I touched the n64 controller for the first time I was excited to just play the game I wasn’t that good at the game due to being a little kid but good enough to do the simple platforming like jump from ledge to ledge and changing the camera angles with ease. Which surprises my dad till this day that I was able to move Mario and change the camera angles at the same time. As a result I started playing starfox 64 and diddy kong racing thanks to my dad playing it when we had the n64. Around a year or two later a close friend of the family had a sony playstation as well and that’s how I got to play spyro the dragon, the crash bandicoot trilogy, the orginal rayman, and so on although I mostly play spyro and crash on their sony playstation until we got our own and I played the hell out of the system and also got ape escape (which is a classic) and remember complaining to my parents that the game needed the dual shock controller to work which I didn’t noticed it until I played the game and couldn’t get the character to move remembering it now is quite embassing. When my famliy finally gotten the controller I was hooked into the game due to the gameplay the graphics the pipo monkeys yes those pipo monkeys also made the game for me for having personalty and charm to the game. After a acouple of years later my family bought the awesome sega dreamcast and boy I was hooked to the console due to the unusual controller with the vmu memory card and finally the games like soul calibur, sonic adventure 1 and 2, sonic shuffle (which isn’t a good game at all), marvel vs capcom 2, rayman 2 great escape, Jet Set Radio (or Jet Grind Radio back in the day), project justice (or rival schools 2), headhunter (which isn’t the best game but the soundtrack is one of the best in gaming in my opinon). And as a result I had wonderful memories on the system and also whenever I boot the sega dreamcast emulator up on my computer I had fond memories about the system. When we moved overseas to a country named Qatar in the middle east I was still playing my dreamcast until my family bought a ps2 and boy before I get started talking about the playstation 2 let me say that the ps2 is the pinnacle of modern gaming in my opinion due to the games and the experience. So anyways the first game we played was a title called capcom vs snk 2 which is one of the reasons how I gotten into or even heard about snk in the first place. The experience was amazing and we played that game for hours and hours without getting bored. Then my dad bought a title called hitman 2 all I have to say that it’s one of my favorite games of all time as well as being my first rated m game I played in my life I still remember playing for hours before I ran out of tv time. Back in the day my family had a rule that we have 6 hours of tv time in our house that includes playing video games too and as a result I still turn of the console at least 4 to 5 hours due to the tv time rule being enforced back in the day. I can go on and on about the ps2 from playing the Jax and Daxter trilogy, Crash nitro cart racing, street fighter 3rd strike, the megaman titles from megaman aniversity collection, to megaman x8 and command mission, legend of kay, star wars battlefront 2, Kof 2003 ps2 port, final fantasy x, and the kingdom hearts games. When we moved back into america in 2006 I still played the PS2 to death and a year later the ps3 and the xbox 360 came out and we bought both of the consoles my grandpa bought those consoles and due to my ps3 disk drive breaking and the xbox 360 kept getting the red ring of death I haven’t experienced much of the ps3/xbox 360 generation till the very end of it but gotten a few experiences like Halo 3,project gotham racing 3, killzone 2, soul calibur 4, infamous, little big planet, ninja gaiden 2, tales of vesperia, and so forth that gen had amazing games but it wasn’t a good generation when it came to presations like e3 or gaming news in general and boy I remember watching e3 and getting angry when e3 wasn’t showing any new games. The Japanese where doing horrible doing that time and the west where mocking Japanese games for being to weebish (which the word didn’t came out yet) and childlike while bland shooters began to over saturate the western video game market. Although the Japanese where in the dark age I didn’t like it when western developers mocked the Japanese for childlike games while western games have bland protagist in their titles and bland settings for most of them. Also you have to have a ps3 in order to play Japanese role playing games which is one of my favorite types of games. The 360/ps3 generation went without fanfare in my opinion and I forgot the mention about the nintendo wii, a pretty good gaming console with awesome games but covered in shovelwhere and a lack of actual 3rd party support. Still it has amazing games like super smash bros brawl, legend of zelda skyward sword, capcom vs tatsunoko, red steel, wii sports, super mario galaxy. I havent mentioned xenoblade chroncles because my wii broke then and also it was hard to get so I didn’t experience it. Also the wii went without fanfare in my opinon and boy dont get me started on the god artful wii u. I know it has some good games but mostly it didn’t have any games at all let alone having 3rd party support at all. Funny with coming out with a lot of shovelwhere to coming out with NO GAMES AT ALL. Along with having a GOD ARTFUL CONTROLLER AND THAT TABLET/CONTROLLER HYBRID WANABE!! Makes me rage when I think about it so enough with ranting about the wii u and lets move on with the modern generations with the xbox one (stupid name) and the ps4 (which is awesome filled with awesome games). The Xbox one I havent gotten experince recently due to not owning one as well as having no games let alone exclisives I was into. I was filled with bland games even for western taste and standards. The only game I was intrested in is Halo 5 and that game was a disappointment for a lot of reasons. The ps4 however is a awesome system so far that not just have my type of games (jrpgs, japanese fighting games) but also have good 3rd party support let alone a good controller to use for a laptop/pc. Although this generation is still active I have no words to say about this one. Also this generation isn’t memorable at all only some games but most games are coming out incomplete which sucks. So anyways those are my gaming memories and why I love video games so freaking much to the point I went on judging each console generation I experienced in my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Fantasy VII Remake: a pretty good title but.....the fandom is another story!

               It's almost been a year since final fantasy vii remake was released on the ps4 and my opinions of the game is that for c...