Thursday, August 23, 2018

Emulation and it's Importance to Gaming History




Yo this is ya boy the omega katana giving you another video lets get to the point shall we. For starters almost two weeks ago or a week and half ago two of the biggest romsites went down love roms and emuparadise. As a well as some others that I cant name atop of my head of the moment right now. This is a problem here because why are these romsites went down is because........of a certain company starting with an N is starting to threaten romsites. Due to combating piracy I know whats going on they are trying to get rid of the competition and as the consequence many games will be FORGOTTEN ALONG WITH THE CONSOLES THEY RELEASED IT FOR! Nintendo and other corporations haven't thought of that huh but they dont care because they want to charge money for the services and speaking of that it’s happening right now that gaming is starting to become a service and not a product that people put the heart and soul into making. And the final result is that huge part of gaming history will be lost for future generations to enjoy and learn from. And thats why emulation is important not just for the gamer but for history in general when it comes to video games. Video games is not just art but also a part of entertainment history that evolved overtime since it’s inception/introduction back in 1971 with computer space and 1972 with pong for the Atari correct me in the comment section if I get this simple fact wrong. If the corporations get what they wanted they will ease Atari history a chunk of third party game history for Nintendo and Sega games etc. Its going to be a HORRIBLE TIME FOR US GAMERS IF WE DONT STAND UP AND FIGHT AGAINST THIS INJUSTICE! It also baffles me that they are some gamers that support Nintendo on their war against piracy and emulation. For there excuse they will argue that emulation is piracy and all that crap but they dont realize that supporting corporations like Nintendo it will wipe out years of gaming as a whole and im not putting this as a joke im being serious here. As a result this is why I support emulation not because I can play games that I missed while growing up but also experiencing history as well when it comes to video games. Emulation in my opinion is one of the best thing that happened to video games. Why because many people experienced many games through rom fan translations of Japanese role playing games, played games that they missed during their childhood or discovering some hidden gems along the way. Like I did and as a result I NEVER EVER LOOKED BACK when I stepped in the world of emulation. It was supposed to be a video but I decided it’s going to be a blog post for my new Omega Katana blog or a twitter thread as well. Either or I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did typing this up for you to enjoy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Fantasy VII Remake: a pretty good title but.....the fandom is another story!

               It's almost been a year since final fantasy vii remake was released on the ps4 and my opinions of the game is that for c...