Sunday, August 26, 2018

Why I LOVE Japanese games Part 1: Final Fantasy



To start off my new series of blogs let me start of with a common game everybody knows. It starts with two words and made by a company named after a shape. The answer is Final Fantasy the reason why I started off with this game series is because not just it’s one of my favorite Japanese game series but also it’s one of the most recognizable and popular Japanese game series out there. Okay the real reason I chose final fantasy is because I just want to talk about why I love the series (although the recent entries suck besides final fantasy xv). So with that out of the way let get started for started how I heard about the final fantasy series is from my younger sister’s best friends older brother who I admired and looked up to and the reason of how I became a gamer and the like. I first saw him play final fantasy vii or final fantasy viii it’s been a long while but I believe it was seven due to the part of the mine cart area that when one of rails broke cloud will have to climb up  from where he fell and yada or other words it was near one of mako reactors. While watching him I was amazed at the gameplay yes this was in 1999 and I was a little kid then so those blocky graphics amazed me back in the day. Also the main character of final fantasy cloud strife looked badass when I was a kid and how his big ass buster sword looked awesome to the point I still remembered him to this day and okay I like cloud strife. I haven’t played the game until it came on the psn for the psp and the ps3 so it was around 2009 I gotten the chance to play the game. My god I was hooked for hours when I first played the game and yes I ignored the dated blocky legomen graphics and enjoyed the story despite the horrible translation. Then afterwards final fantasy viii came along on the psn and snaged that one up as well and also I was hooked for hours till the begining of the third disk of getting stuck on the boss at the begining of the disk I forgotten the name of the moment its been a while since I played that one. Then afterwards I picked up final fantasy IX on the psn and I was sooooo hooked to the game to the point I beaten the game and it became one of my top final fantasy games due to the characters, the world inhabited by animal people and humans alike, the simple save the world story, the simple turn based system from the early games. I even felt sad at one of the characters fate at the end of the game. Then rewind to how I got to play my first final fantasy game hear me out it’s an entry I really wanted to like but the battle system ruined the experince for me I was suspecting traditional turn base combat but nope I gotten an offline morpg. the entry is final fantasy 12 again I wanted to love the game but put off by the gambit and battle system, I loved the setting and the monster designs and the OST. This was back in 2006 or 07 and then I bought another favorite entry in the series final fantasy x. This game is a CLASSIC due to the awesome story, amazing characters auron, tidus, luna, lulu,wakka, kimari, and even lame ol seymore quado, The amazing sphere grid battle system which gives you many options in the game, hidden summons and superbosses. Whenever I talk about the game I wanted to play it again as well as my little bro who finished the game before me and it’s his favortie final fantasy game. Now let’s talk about my favorite memory I had with the series is waiting for final fantasy xv release. boy I waited for almost EIGHT WHOLE YEARS for this game to come out and I was late for the waiting party but boy watching those early trailers when it was verses 13 when it was a different game and the like but thats another video by itself but before I change the topic I wanted to say that I waited for ffxv to come out since it was called ffverses 13 and I even watch the annoument trailer or the first trailer for that game it still looked even more badass than the final fantasy xv we got now. But if they go back to the orginal concept with the orginal director/creator on board although it will taken years to do so bring it on and im ready to support it as much as I can. Now that’s all I can say about why and what are my memories of the final fantasy series. So here are my suggestions on which titles you can get into: final fantasy X,IX,VII (if you can get used to the dated graphics), VI and finally IV. So what are you memories as well as your favortie entry in the massive final fantasy series im looking forward to your responses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Fantasy VII Remake: a pretty good title but.....the fandom is another story!

               It's almost been a year since final fantasy vii remake was released on the ps4 and my opinions of the game is that for c...